Last Updated: February 2023
If you would like this policy in another format (for example: audio, large print, braille) please contact us.
- To remember your choices and preferences.
- To control access to secure parts of our Sites.
- To estimate audience size on our Sites.
- To measure usage patterns on our Sites.
- To measure and research the effectiveness of our Sites’ features and advertisements.
- To send web push notifications to your desktop or mobile device
For further information on cookies generally, including how to control, disable and manage them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Listed below are the categories of cookie technology we use on this Site
- Necessary: These cookies are necessary for the Site (or a particular service you have requested on the Site) to function and must be set to provide the service. For example, browsing as a registered user, accessing secure areas of the Sites, registering for an event, honouring opt-out preferences, or to monitor and prevent suspicious activity and fraudulent traffic.
- Functionality: These cookies allow a Site to remember choices that you make (such as your username, your language, or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features (such as allowing you to watch a video online).
- Analytical: These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our Site and better understand Site visitors. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the Site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated. We may use Google Analytics and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on some of our Sites and to develop website content. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and processing of data generated by your use of the Sites by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. Please note the use of Google Analytics may involve a transfer of information collected via these cookies to the United States. More information about the security measures applied by Google can be found at https://services.google.com/fh/files/misc/safeguards_for_international_data_transfers.pdf.
- Targeting: We allow third party advertising partners to set cookies and other tracking tools to collect information regarding your activities on our Sites (this information includes your IP address, page(s) visited, time of day). We may also share information we have collected regarding your activities on our Sites with third party advertising partners. These advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other websites) for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you when you visit non-LSM related websites within their advertising networks. This practice is commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising” or “online behavioral advertising.” If you would like to opt out of having participating entities collect your information for advertising purposes when you use our Sites, click here for a “Website Opt-Out.” Please note some of the third parties that collect interest-based information on our Sites may not participate in the Website Opt-Out, in which case the best way to avoid third party tracking of your online behaviours may be through your browser settings and deletion of cookies. The Website Opt-Out works only on websites. For mobile apps, download and use the Digital Advertising Alliance’s “App Choices” app. As with the Website Opt-Out, the “Mobile App Opt-Out” prevents tracking only by participating entities. Please note that the Website Opt-Out and Mobile App Opt-Out are device specific. If you wish to opt-out from having interest-based information collected by participating entities across all devices, you need take the steps outlined above for each device.
We also use third party cookies on our Sites that fall into the above categories to achieve the purposes set out above.
You can adjust your consent settings by accessing the cookie management tool when entering our Sites.
How to Refuse all Cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies (including those which are essential to the services requested) are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of our Sites. Please visit www.allaboutcookies.org for further details.