ROME, 25 March 2022 – Registration is now open on six continents for Laudato Si’ Movement’s free hallmark leadership training program, Laudato Si’ Animators (LaudatoSiAnimators.org). The dynamic six-week leadership development course equips participants with the tools they need to lead their community and care for our common home.
Already, nearly 28,000 people across the world have undergone the leadership training, which connects participants with like-minded individuals in their communities and across the globe. Participants finish the training by leading their community in urgent action for our common home, as Pope Francis calls us to do in Laudato Si’, and receive the full support from Laudato Si’ Movement’s expert staff members.
“‘Everyone’s talents and involvement are needed to redress the damage caused by human abuse of God’s creation.’ All of us can cooperate as instruments of God for the care of creation” (LS 14).
Tomás Insua, Laudato Si’ Movement Executive Director, said: “So many people see and read climate crisis news and wonder: What can I do? This is it! Laudato Si’ Animators are leading their communities all across the world. They’re taking action, and they’re inspiring others to join them in caring for God’s creation. This is something all of us can do to help change our communities and change the world. Now!”
Laudato Si’ Animators come from all corners of the globe and represent all ages:
- Isabella Harding is a 67-year-old grandmother of three who marched for climate justice at the 26th United Nations Climate Change Conference in Glasgow last November.
- Elizabeth Baquita Bosco Ximenes of Timor Leste, 20, leads other young people in her Southeast Asian island nation to undergo their ecological conversion, which includes recognizing their contributions to the ecological crisis and acting in ways that help heal our common home.
- Nicholas Collura of the U.S.A. underwent the Laudato Si’ Animator training and found no creation care efforts in his archdiocese. He changed that by creating a new organization.
Laudato Si’ Animator registration deadlines vary per region and language (details below). All people are encouraged to register today at LaudatoSiAnimators.org.
Laudato Si’ Animator registration deadlines:
- English program: April 27
- Spanish program: May 13
- Portuguese program: April 26
- Italian program: April 3
About Laudato Si’ Movement
Laudato Si’ Movement serves the Catholic family around the world to turn Pope Francis’ encyclical letter Laudato Si’ into action for climate and ecological justice. Laudato Si’ Movement’s efforts to build a grassroots movement draw on the combined gifts of nearly 800 member organizations and thousands of local volunteers who help bring the Laudato Si’ message to life.