Our emails and alerts are about to be filled with extraordinary discounts causing thousands of people worldwide to make unnecessary purchases.
We know that our Eco Conversion path gets a little difficult on dates like these, and of course, we understand that you want to take advantage of the discounts to make purchases for the upcoming holiday season. But why not join together to make this season different?
I would like to share with you the following tips that can slow down your unnecessary purchases during this Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
- Goodbye to fast fashion: The infamous ¨Fast Fashion¨ trends are polluting our common home in large quantities without consideration for the precarious and exploitative living conditions for those who labor in its production. Second hand stores are the best option to counteract this irreversible damage that our common home is suffering.
- Say goodbye to compulsive shopping. Ask yourself if you really need it and if there is the possibility of having a friendlier option for the planet. Let’s build a campaign for an ecological Black Friday.
- Buy local. I’m sure you hear this a lot. Take the time to look for local entrepreneurs, remember distance from the producing country corresponds with CO2 emissions caused by transportation. Local products can lead to incredible products and better quality!
- Handmade tastes better! This Advent, prepare your own Christmas gifts: make your favorite recipe to share with your coworkers, make your own postcards to give to your family, and don’t forget crafts to decorate your home. Say goodbye to consumerism and share a little time and effort by giving personalized gifts to your loved ones.
- Pray: ask God for the gift of good discernment to look as He looks and choose the greater good. Prepare your heart for this Black Friday with the following prayer, and don’t forget to share these tips with your friends: