We listen as we prepare for Easter and the celebration of the Paschal Mystery. (image: cathopic)
*Click here to view our week 6 Laudato Si’ prayer intention: repent and walk together in hope
*Click here to view our week 5 Laudato Si’ prayer intention: listen to the voice of biodiversity
*Click here to view our week 4 Laudato Si’ prayer intention: listen to the voice of the youth
*Click here to view our week 3 Laudato Si’ prayer intention: listen to the voice of the poor
For Laudato Si’ Lent 2022, Catholics are coming together for unity and peace during this difficult time, and we’re committing ourselves to listening and continuing our journey of ecological conversion.
Lent is a time of preparation for Easter and the celebration of the Paschal Mystery. During this time of fasting and renewal, we are reminded of who we are, creatures completely dependent on God called to live in love and compassion with all God’s creation.
Keeping our “listening” theme as a foundation, we invite you to choose one fast from a suggested list and boldly commit to it through all of Lent. Whether it’s fasting from meat products, plastics, electricity, buying, or silence, weekly reflections will guide us and call us to live that commitment more deeply, so that by Easter that commitment is close to becoming a new lifestyle habit.
- Buying fast: Fasting from unnecessary purchases and exploring one’s consumer habits. Consider donating the money you would’ve spent to Laudato Si’ Movement or an organization of your choice
- Fasting from meat products and moving towards a plant based diet
- Plastics fast: Fasting from single-use plastics
- Electricity fast: Fasting from unnecessary electricity and adopting habits to reduce one’s energy consumption
- Fast from silence: Fasting from not speaking out and actively sharing one’s concern for our common home with friends, family, community, and political leaders
With weekly themes we offer prayers, events, and ways in which to live out our Lent commitment. What is your commitment this year?
This movement also will be uniting every Friday for a special Ecological Way of the Cross event. Don’t miss our lastest Ecological Way of the Cross events: